Membership in the Foreign Correspondents’ Club of China gives you:
- A great opportunity to meet members of the world’s leading media organizations.
- Invaluable sources of timely information, useful tips on job openings and community announcements.
- A lively social scene with regular parties, cocktail evenings and happy hours.
- A range of speaker events that have previously included talks by Nobel prize winners, Chinese academics, best-selling authors, aid workers and leading figures in the fields of politics, international relations and science.
- A lobbying campaign to improve working conditions for journalists in China, including unrestricted travel, freedom to conduct interviews, and greater protection for Chinese sources.
- Reciprocal membership benefits with the foreign correspondents’ clubs in Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Click here to apply today!
We have three types of members:
- Correspondent member: Accredited foreign correspondents, or those who work full-time for news organizations headquartered outside mainland China. Only correspondent members have the right to vote in club elections.
- Annual dues: 1150 yuan.
- Associate member: The club welcomes non-journalists to join as associate members. Numerous China-watchers such as diplomats, aid officials, academics, consultants, public relations personnel and corporate executives have benefited from FCCC membership.
- Annual dues: 1725 yuan.
- Media Associate member: Journalists who are not full-time foreign correspondents, including foreign journalists working for Chinese media, foreign part-time freelancers, foreign news assistants and foreign journalism students.
- Annual dues: 860 yuan.
Membership applications received after the first quarter of the year are pro-rated accordingly; 20% discount from April to June, 40% discount from July to September and 60% discount from October to December.
To apply, simply fill out this form and email or fax it to us.
Working journalists in Beijing who would benefit from FCCC membership, but cannot afford the full annual dues, may be eligible for a limited number of discounted correspondent and media associate memberships. We offer these discounts to make FCCC membership possible for freelance journalists whose employers will not bear the cost of club dues, and for correspondents from low-income nations with limited financial resources.
If you would like to apply for a discount, please contact us. All discussions will be kept confidential. Discounts are for genuine financial hardship only and are granted solely at the discretion of the FCCC board.